Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Find Yourself Losing Weight With Cardio

My workout routine consists of six days a week going to the gym, and taking day seven off for rest and relaxation. I alternate each day's workout routine between weight resistance and cardio. The days I hate most are always cardio days. Why? Because those are the days that I work my but off. The cardio days are the hardest by far, and unfortunately also some of the most productive in helping me reach my weight loss goals.

I know that a lot of folks don't like to go to the gym for their exercise. I rather enjoy it, but I think that has more to do with the sauna, hot tub, and pool instead of the actual workout in the facilities. I've tried the workout at home process, but it doesn't work well for me. I tend to rationalize way too much and never end up getting out of bed to exercise before my day is running away from me in a fashion that I might be able to catch - if I would get up and do my workout daily. SO I need the gym to stay on track and keep going down the path to my weight loss goals.

Some folks are the polar opposite of me. They need to have their workout available to them at home. They are more motivated to workout when they feel comfortable and this is why the home gym equipment that is available on the market today is wonderful for them.

Speaking specifically about exercise equipment for a good cardio workout, there are a couple of basic machines to consider, and a plethora of complex and pricey options for you to consider. A lot of folks opt for the treadmill. It is a standard and considered an old reliable standby. The electric treadmill is one of the more common models found on the market today and is usually a good choice. There are a number of places you can look to find cheap treadmills to purchase. Always check the local online listings and local newspapers for people who are looking to get rid of their fitness equipment. There are a good number of people who prefer stair step machines to treadmills. Both are able to give you a good cardio workout if you are willing to put the work into the exercise. Another favorite is the exercise bike, but even though it can get your heart rate up it doesn't give you the total body experience that some other cardio machines, like an elliptical machine or a ski machine can.

Of course, a cardio workout isn't to only piece to your workout routine that you should use to lose weight. You need to have a good balance of weight resistance, cardio, and diet to get the whole package to come together in a synergistic manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment